Fisher 3720 electro-pneumatic positioners are designed for use with either diaphragm or piston rotary actuators. These positioners provide a valve ball or disk position for a specific input signal. The 3720 is created by the addition of a Fisher 3722 electro-pneumatic converter to the 3710 positioner. The positioner provides a valve position in response to a DC current input signal and can easily be configured as single- or double-acting for rotary actuators.
- 3720 positioners use field-proven spool valve technology for a simple design that gives accurate, fast-responding operation with high cycle life.
- Case, components, and gasket materials withstand harsh environments.
- With EPDM O-rings and input module diaphragm, 3720 positioners can be used in low temperature applications.
- Can be used in applications with special material requirements, as in the food and beverage industry, pharmaceuticals, and tobacco processing.
- With the cover removed, all internal components are easily accessed.
- Changes in supply pressure and ambient temperature have minimal effect on positioner operation.
- To support diagnostic testing of valve/actuator/positioner packages, connectors, piping, and other hardware can be installed between the positioner and the actuator.
- Standard, low-profile indicator or optional beacon-style indicator mount easily to the positioner cover.