The Control-Disk rotary valve offers excellent throttling performance. An equal percentage flow characteristic provides an improved throttling range comparable to that of a segmented ball valve. This improved capability allows you to control closer to the target set point, regardless of process disturbances, which results in a reduction in process variability.
- The spring in the outboard shaft provides support to the drive train and disk, enabling the shaft to be installed in both horizontal and vertical orientations with no detriment to performance or cycle life.
- Trim and bolting materials are available for applications involving sour liquids and gases.
- The splined shaft with clamped lever and single-pivot linkage reduces lost motion between the actuator and the valve shaft.
- Both the metal and soft seal rings have a pressure-assisting sealing action that ensures tight shutoff regardless of pressure drop.
- The improved expansion pin system ensures there is a positive, durable connection between disk and shaft. This connection reduces backlash and wear in the drive system, optimizing long-term performance. It also makes disassembly for maintenance quick and simple with no need for special tools.
- The powder paint finish offers an excellent corrosion-resistant finish to all steel parts.
- Additional travel indication can be achieved by using the indication line on the shaft, along with the disk position markings on the packing follower.